Wednesday, May 28, 2008

$71.63

That's about how much money, according to the public transit system in my city says it would cost for gas, maintenance, etc. for the drive just from work to home that is less than 6 miles roundtrip. A monthly bus pass would cost me about $64.00. The continual rise of gas has had me seriously consider riding a bike to work. Last time I tried to ride a bike was in college, with very bad results. As a kid I learned and loved it, but with the gap between then and college, I was having difficulty. So if I were to do it now, lol, well, I would have to learn to ride a bike again. I am not sure if this would really work for me, for many reasons, one being what I have just stated. However, if gas continues to rise and get more expensive, I MAY just have to start pedaling.

No comments: