Hello. Last night Anthony and I went to a Boyz II Men concert at Humprey's. It was fun! It was outside. Last time we went to an outside concert, Lord of the Rings Symphony, it was FREEZING. At that concert, I had dressed all cute, I think I had on a SKIRT, and we had to buy a blanket. How convienient they sold blankets and sweatshirts for "newbies" like us. At the Boyz II Men concert, we we smarter and dressed warm, I think I went overboard, I was actually a little too warm.
So I had heard on a radio station briefly about them being in town. Yesterday morning I did a search online, and asked Anthony if he wanted to go. So after work I called him, and he called me back and said he would go to see about getting tickets. He did! Years ago, lol, one of our, if not our first date was a Boyz II Men concert. So this was extra special. They were great. Michael "Bass" McCary wasn't there. Shawn explained that he was having health problems, which I looked up and apparently he has back problems, and so wasn't with the group. He was missed, but again, it was still a great show. They did many of their most popular songs, including, Motownphilly, Yesterday, End of the Road, and some songs from their new album, http://www.boyziimen.com/remedy.html.
We both wish it was longer, they sang a little over an hour. Although the venue said no cameras, recording devices, etc., there were SO many people taking pictures with digital cameras, cell phones, blackberry looking devices, etc. So again, one because I was trying to follow the rules didn't bring my disposable camera, and second because my digital camera is completely not working now, we took some pictures, or tried in my case, with our photo camera. Agggh! So we got some crappy pictures. But I will try to post some of them if I can. I really need a reliable camera, maybe I will go back to film, and NEED to carry my camera with me everyday and everywhere! I have missed opportunities where I wanted to take a photo.
Anyway, another lesson learned was that it is good to have some fun during a work week. I was a little hesistant, worried about being tired in the morning, it is early here in Cali, and so far doing okay, but I think it is important to live and have some fun and get out of the routine sometimes. A retired teacher colleage from the last school I worked with would tell other teachers this. He would say, have some fun, this, teaching, isn't a sprint it's a marathon. Go to a movie sometime-you mean in the middle of the week? He subs for me sometimes, he subs a LOT. I would say he subs almost everyday. I had asked him if he would sub for me this past Tuesday, and he was like, ohh, I can't. Turns out he went to a baseball game. Although he still subs a lot, he still practices what he says, I mean he is RETIRED. I have a feeling even if he wasn't, he would still go to baseball games in the middle of the week.
So, I was glad that we went out to a concert on a THURSDAY and had a good time. During a tiring and stressful week, it was therapeutic to get out. Everyone really should do this. It doesn't have to be big, it could be, a movie, dinner, book reading, anything that you may not normally do on a weekday. That said, have a blessed, happy, and save Memorial Day Weekend!
PS I am feeling and doing much better! Take care.
No comments:
Post a Comment