Anthony and I went to our first day of the Comic Con yesterday. It is a five day event where many come from all over to get sneak peeks of t.v. shows, movies, comics and products related to all three. It so much more than that, but that is a quick summary. People dress up, score swag (a term I just used yesterday but have read about a lot this morning that means free stuff), stand in long lines, go to panels to see writers, producers of shows, movies, and comics, as well as actors and voice actors that are sometimes at the panels. I guess you can say it is organized chaos.
Anthony and I went two years ago, you can read a little but more about it from one of my first posts. That year, we were crazy and stood in line (for tickets) for a couple of hours at least, on what I think was the hottest day of the year here, 106 degrees I believe, and it was worth it. LOL. See, crazy.
So we thought we try it again this year. I am happy to report that this year, fans had to buy tickets online, and pick badges up at the Con, went VERY smooth for us. The hard part, at least for me, was all the crowded people in the exhibit hall, we could hardly move at many times. The line for the "Prison Break" panel was VERY long-due to the fact that many fans got savvy to go to the program before the one you want to see if it is in the same room. So there were "Avatar" fans in line as well to make sure they got a seat. I talked to a woman named "Sierra" who was in line waiting for "Prison Break" and she, like me was excited to see "Wentworth Miller," one of the stars of the show. She was also "upset" that potentially one of the "Avatar" fans would take a spot away from her from seeing Wentworth. Well we DID get seats, but Wentworth wasn't there-as said by one of the producers or writers, he was working. Sigh. It was still a good, but short, panel.
After, we met up with my friend Bertina from the Bay Area-who came to the Con with her sisters, volunteering, for dinner. Everywhere was so crowded, that we ended up at the mall with La Salsa. We were happy to have food, and a place to sit down. Then we caught a Pedicab back to the Convention Center. Bertina caught her shuttle, we caught a trolley and a bus. Today, we do most of it all over again.
I was/am very tired. My feet hurt so much yesterday. My legs are sore. I was cranky yesterday. I am planning on bringing lunch and many snacks today, and staying in one place, sitting down on panels for most of the morning, and then move to other rooms for more panels. Although I am tired, I'm having fun.
I am posting some photos from the Comic Con. One of the highlights yesterday was seeing Kitt from the new "Knight Rider" t.v. show.
Here is a link to some news photos of the event: Washington Post Comic Con Photos
No comments:
Post a Comment