Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Busy...but not...

So much to do, but yet relaxing. Luckily, I am all done with my Christmas shopping. Most of the shopping was for colleagues at work. Which means that had to be done before winter vacation (December 19). The family was the EASY part this year for me. I basically knew right away what to get them. I used the net for most of it, and had it shipped directly. Unfortunately, I had a wrong address for one, yeah I know, and so it went somewhere else. Hopefully, it will work out.

I still want to post a picture of the tree. We have taken some, but I am not sure where the camera is, etc. Still to come.

We were going to visit my dad and his wife for Christmas, but it was expensive. We saw Anthony's side of the family for Thanksgiving. Although they are closer, we decided to celebrate at home. So, I had been thinking about the meal. I decided to cook a stew via crock pot. I LOVE using the crock pot, although it has been awhile. I was going to do my maybe once a year go sort of all out cooking. Anthony is sick (although it HASN'T affected his appetite), and it is supposed to rain, so I thought the stew would be easy, inexpensive, and perfect. So I think tomorrow, Christmas Eve, I will pick up everything for the stew for Christmas, and a pollito-already cooked chicken, to have with vegetables for Christmas Eve. Keeping it simple.

My Grocery List
Natural beef stew meat
2 Cans of tomatoes with Jalapenos
2 Cans of northern beans
Rice

I first wash the meat and mix with seasonings I already have: Seasoned salt, pepper, a dash of cayenne and cinnamon. I put it along with the cans of tomato in the crock pot. I let simmer on low for about 8-10 hours.

The last 30 minutes of the cooking I put in the beans-should put in last. I cook the rice separately in the rice cooker. :)

We already have the sparkling cider.

Pollito
Green beans or mixed vegetables-maybe I'll make greens?

Orange Juice

No comments: