Monday, October 27, 2008

Mom's Datebook


I read this http://stacysbigpicture.typepad.com/altogether_too_happy/2008/10/the-weekend-r-1.html story on Stacy Julian's blog, a celebrity scrapbooker. After, I went immediately to my "Mom's Bag." I had it in another, but I remember it being beat up, so I put her stuff in her AFSME bag-which was newer, if not new. So I pull out a date book. I look through it, and I understand some of her notes, assume some, and not really understand others. The first thing I thought, I am so lucky to have her handwriting-the part in the above link which talked about the checkbook with the mom's signature. I have some checks too, probably signed and filled out. Anyway, while looking through her datebook, I was just so happy that besides her handwriting, she left a piece of herself, that I am blessed to have as a reminder of me of her. After running to tell Anthony most of this, I realized, that my mom kept this datebook for her. She probably didn't even think that one day I would be cherishing it. Wow! That is just deep to me. I think their are many lessons and things to take away from this. One being that you never know that something you keep, create, document, etc. will be valuable to someone one day. Another being, the everyday and simple things in life can bring great happiness to you or someone else.

No comments: