I am feeling SUPER inspired right now. Yesterday, Anthony and I went to Barnes and Noble. I came across a book, 30 Things to Do When You Turn 30." I immediately liked what I was reading, but put it back because I figured I could find it on Amazon at a discount.
I believe, today, while looking it up, Amazon didn't have it. What? So I Google it. Finally, I find it. I go to Borders's website, and see that it is "Likely in the Store," so I put it on hold. I notice that some other Borders are sold out. I check my email before leaving for church, and get the message that it is sold out and cannot be reserved.
While going through this process, of looking for the book, before checking my email, I am feeling that this book must be limited. Come to find out, it was just published on the 21st of October. I did see that there were some other places to buy it, even cheaper, but I had the, "I want it now" feeling.
So a long story short, after already running around, I am asking Ant if he wouldn't mind going back the the Barnes and Noble where I first found the book. It is a little further out though. Then I am, thinking, maybe the Barnes and Noble (that is closer to our house) has it. I call, they do and put it on hold, and I buy it. Success!
I LOVE this book already. I only read the intro and a chapter or so, and I am thinking this is a MUST HAVE for anyone turning 30, or about to turn 30. I look at other parts in the book and see that there have been other versions written for those turning 40, 50, and 60. Here is what made me appreciate the idea behind the book even more. It says that, "The royalties generated from the sale of this book will be donated to non-profit organizations dedicated to preventing and curing cancer." WOW! This made me feel good knowing that the profits from the sale of the book would go to a good cause. Also, it says that the authors who wrote the essays for the book did so on a pro-bono basis. I like how this book is giving back in more ways than one.
So go to/call/check your local bookstore, Barnes and Noble or Borders and look for this book. Get it for yourself, or as a gift. Here is a link to buy it online: Barnes and Noble
and
Borders
An online store that sells the book at a discount: Books XYZ apparently donates some of the profits to a school of your choice
I have a feeling that there were a VERY LIMITED number of this book published.
The other inspiration, that has gotton me very excited is a book/website called, "Listography." I am thinking that I will talk about this later. For now, here is the website:
Listography
Sunday, November 02, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment